Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Art Nouveau


Alphonse Mucha- Flora


Fabric Pattern


Art Nouveau Fashion


Art Nouveau Jewellery 


Hello there! So today I thought I'd post something related to what I'm working on, in my textiles project at the moment. As everyone has finished their exams we now start college work for next year. In textiles we have two main projects our chosen topic ( I chose growth and decay) and our exam (we don't get the papers for this until end of mid February time). In this chosen topic we need to carry out contextual research which is basically looking at designers or artists or anything that can relate to your topic that inspires you. One of my main influences for growth and decay I have chosen is the art movement "Art Nouveau". I won't give you a history lesson but as you can see from these pictures there's a theme of flowers, insects, leafs and the human form- simply because natural form was what art nouveau explored. I thought it would work so well with my topic and there is so much to research to be done, that I don't think I will get bored of it really. 
Names that i have started to look up!
Alphonse Mucha
Antonio Gaudi 
^Both such amazing talents.
Enjoy! :) xoxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi beautiful!

    I think that this post is really interesting...and i love ur pictures! do u want to follow each other? I'm already following u!

    xx from

    http://letoileduphare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Of course I will follow you :) xoxx

      Delete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I honestly appreciate them so much! xo