Wednesday, 13 February 2013

DIY Valentines Day Hello Kitty Cupcakes


Hello there!! Happy valentines day! I've been absolutely addicted to anime and I will find any excuse to not do homework and just sit for hours on end watching episode after episode! Anyways my point is, in this anime called 'Acchi Kocchi' I finished watching, on valentines day everyone made something to give to people they knew and there were three categories in which you handed out little gifts. . .
1. Romance
2.Obligation
3. Friendship
This valentines day I decided to make hello kitty cupcakes! Very Harajuku I know :)
I made 24 so here's what you'll need!
200g of self raising flour
200g of sugar
200g of butter
4 eggs
1/2 tea spoon of baking powder
First pre heat the oven!!!
Hello kitty edible stickers (Ebay) or anything else you like to decorate with!
Icing suger (If you want to)

                                                                                  
For my cupcakes I bought butter, flour, eggs, sugar, icing sugar, vanilla extract, gel food colour, Hello Kitty edible stickers and pretty cake cases!
                                                
You're gonna need, weighing scales, a sieve, a big spoon, two bowls and if you cheat like me and electric whisk (however a normal manual one works just as well!)

After weighing the ingredients, sift the flour into a big bowl.

Add all of the other ingredients to the flour!

Wisk away!! Put half the cupcake batter in a different bowl ready to add colour.

After the colours have been mixed with the gel food colouring, place cupcake cases into the cupcake tray and evenly put the batter into the cases. 

Decorate with your choice of icing I went with butter icing and hello kitty edible stickers.

I decided to make a mixed icing coloured one, she's so cute!!
It's soo late right now but I wanted to get this up for valentines day because there's no point posting it the day after!!! So sorry if it seems a little rushed :(
I hope you all have a loverlee valentines day, I hope my friends will like these cupcakes and I'm praying that they actually taste good! Let me know what you're doing for valentines day! I want to make a post on how well my cupcakes were with my friends so be on the look out for that one!
Be sure to send your love to everyone you do! Family, friends, loved ones and maybe even that special person! 
I shall speak to you very very soon,
Lots and lots of love,
Taya xoxox



2 comments:

  1. The cupcakes look so good! & I love hellokitty...
    I'm so tempted to make these (:

    alittlelarksur.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I honestly appreciate them so much! xo